The estimated total number of people living in the US with STD is over sixty-five million. Every year, there are approximately fifteen million new STD cases. Our mission is to empower people to manage their health. We hope to accomplish this by providing useful and up-to-date important information, STD symptoms and pictures, and latest STD treatment guidelines. A team of volunteer web-publishing professionals and medical experts work side by side to produce this STD Guide Online Version for you.
Through this unique collaboration, we give you access to knowledge and control over your health.
Facts About STD
- 65 million of people living in the US with STD
- 15 million of new STD cases each year
- 2/3 of all sexually transmitted diseases occurs in people 25 yrs of age or younger
- one in four new STD cases occur in teenagers
- cervical cancer in women is linked to HPV
- doctors are required to report newly diagnosed STD cases of gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia and hepatitis B to state health departments and the CDC
- one in four Americans have genital herpes, 80% of those with herpes are unaware they have it
- at least one in four Americans will contract an sexually transmitted disease at some point in their lives
- 15% of all infertile American women are infertile because of tubal damage caused by untreated sexually transmitted diseases
- 12% of all infertile American men are infertile because of inflammation of the testicles and sterility caused by untreated STD